A plethora of race events lead to temporary road closures around Piedmont Park and Midtown during the course of a year. But none are quite like this Saturday’s second annual Firefly Run 5K.
That’s because unlike most races that are staged during the cool morning hours, the Firefly Run 5K takes place during the cool evening hours. That means all you weekend revelers near Blake’s and Park Tavern and Ansley Mall, be ready for a pack of dazzling, costumed and illuminated runners to trek by Saturday eve.
Expect lots of glow sticks, glow-in-the-dark tape and paint, and even light bulbs on runners as they traverse through Midtown.
The Oct. 6 event will begin at 8 p.m. and there will be temporary lane closures surrounding Piedmont Park along 10th Street, Piedmont Avenue and Monroe Drive until 9 p.m.
Organizers of the Firefly Run 5K will donate a minimum of $5,000 from registration fees and 100 percent of all donations collected to the Metro Atlanta chapter of the American Red Cross.
See More on Patch
- Midtown Alliance and Georgia Tech Partner on Innovation District Initiative
- It's Time for Spring and Summer Festivals in Midtown and Nearby
- Big Peach Stores to Hold Mile of Silence Tuesday at 7 A.M.
- Piedmont Park Begins Planned Expansion Project
- April's Midtown Tour of Homes to focus on 'eclectic simplicity, comfort and diversity'