Family-Friendly Events for the Week
Fun Things Happening in Midtown
- STORIES OF THE AMERICAN PUPPET
When/Where: Thursday evening at 8:00pm at the Center for Puppetry Arts, Mainstage Theatre.
Why Go: If your children are on Spring Break, spend an evening out on the town. Grab dinner and then, for the puppet enthusiasts in the family (ages 10+), catch the Center for Puppetry Arts presentation of this Emmy award winning documentary that explores the evolution of the puppet in American entertainment.
Pricing: $7.00; Free for Puppetry Arts members.
- STORYTIME, FEEDING FROGS AND A PLANT SALE
When/Where: Through Sunday at the Atlanta Botanical Garden.
Why Go: It’s a big Spring Break week at the Botanical Garden and a great time to visit. Along with the pure pleasure of the amazing abundance of Spring blooms, walking through the treetops, and the fun to be had in the Children’s Garden, here are some family-friendly highlights:
- Through Friday, daily Storybook Time at 10:30am in the Children’s Garden Amphitheater.
- Also through Friday, join an Amphibian Specialist in the Fuqua Conservatory lobby for a Frog Talk at 10 a.m. or for Frog Care at 11 a.m. (Frog feeding also occurs on Saturday at 11:00am.)
- On Saturday and Sunday from 8:00am to 4:00pm, the Chattahoochee Unit of The Herb Society of America will hold its annual plant sale. After you have fun in the garden with your children, you’ll have the opportunity to purchase rare and unusual herbs and specialty crafts. Society Members will also give herbal demonstrations and will be available to answer your questions.
Pricing: Events are included with Atlanta Botanical Garden admission.
- STUDIO SPRING BREAK: I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE...
When/Where: Through Saturday, from 1:00pm to 4:00pm at The High Museum of Art.
Why/Go: After visiting the Henri Cartier-Bresson exhibit, children can take part in The High’s annual Studio Spring Break where, using photographic images, they can create their own I Spy book to bring home.
Pricing: Included with museum admission.
*If you visit Studio Spring Break on Thursday, you can also partake in Street Food Thursday where Atlanta’s best food trucks will be serving lunch from 11:00am to 2:00pm at the Woodruff Arts Center Plaza. Yumbii’s Sesame Fries = can't wait to be there on Thursday!
When/Where: Daily from 12:00pm to 3:00pm through Sunday at Ikea Atlanta.
Why Go: While there is something going on every day this week for your children at Ikea, (including a movie night, scavenger hunts, games, face-painting, airbrush tattoos, and more), on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, your children will eat free in the Ikea Restaurant. Swedish meatballs coming up!
Pricing: Activities are free.
Enjoy your week!