Homecoming Week at Georgia Tech
This year’s theme is The Burdell Identity - Mission: Homecoming
It’s homecoming week on The Flats.
The celebration surrounding homecoming, including the annual Ramblin’ Reck Parade, is one of Georgia Tech’s longest and heartiest traditions. The festivities began last Wednesday and will run until the homecoming football game itself against BYU this coming Saturday in Bobby Dodd Stadium.
The Jackets are coming off a 37-17 home win over Boston College over the weekend that snapped a three-game losing skid for Tech. The Jackets, 3-4 overall and 2-3 in ACC play, racked up 563 total yards in the victory.
BYU fell to 4-4 this season with a frustrating 17-14 loss at No. 5 Notre Dame on Saturday. The Cougars are 0-3 on the road this year having dropped those contest by a total of seven points. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m.
This year’s homecoming theme at Georgia Tech is "The Burdell Identity - Mission: Homecoming."
Monday, Oct. 22:
- Battle Royale
- Egg Toss
- Banner Contest: Themed banners will adorn Greek houses across campus.
- Mission Imbuzzable
- Mission Motion Detector
- Tech Trivia: Team trivia at Ferst Place.
- AASU Presents: Grown and Jazzy
Tuesday, Oct. 23:
- Ugly Man on Campus (UMOC) voting begins: A national event sponsored by Alpha Phi Omega, with proceeds benefitting various charities.
- SAA Alumni Letter Writing
- For Your Eyes Only Talent Show
Wednesday, Oct. 24:
- Mock Rock: Student groups will perform original acts related to the homecoming theme; tickets will be first come, first served at the Student Center Box Office
- Mr. and Ms. Georgia Tech voting ends
Thursday, Oct. 25:
- SAA George P. Burdell Birthday Party
- SAA Tradition tours: Meet at the Campanile to learn about campus traditions from the Student Alumni Association.
- Homecoming Concert featuring 3OH!3
Friday, Oct. 26:
- Mini 500
- Library Archives Open House: Visit the Neely Lobby in the Library from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to see rare books and other historical materials.
- Homecoming pomp display contest: Houses across campus will present their homecoming-themed displays.
- Vertical Limit
- The Life and Times of George P. Burdell
- President's Update
Saturday, Oct. 27:
- Freshman Cake Race
- Ramblin’ Reck Parade
- Alumni Tailgate
- Homecoming game v. BYU