Is Metro Atlanta's Real Estate Market Coming Back?
Residential real estate is hugely important to metro Atlantans, and Patch wants to know how you feel about the market's future.
Residential real estate has long been a cornerstone of metro Atlanta's economic health, and some reports indicate the market may be on the road to recovery.
Some private equity firms have reportedly seized on the metro area to scoop up residential foreclosure properties before the real estate market rebounds.
The Fulton County Board of Commissioners is looking to sell six properties for possible residential development in southwest Atlanta. Home sales are strong in the Virginia-Highland and Druid Hills neighborhoods, and there continue to be great deals found throughout DeKalb County, especially in the Tucker and North Druid Hills-Briarcliff communities.
East Atlantans certainly seem to be vested in their community for the long term, as many residents in Grant Park, Ormewood Park and Glenwood Park are opposed to a new development that, they say, will increase traffic throughout their neighborhoods.
And the Midtown Alliance is supporting more than $80 million worth of improvements, including sidewalks and streetscapes.
Buckhead continues to produce extravagent homes, some that even come with fully featured outdoor spaces and amenities, and the new owner of The Colony Apartment complex in Stone Mountain wants to turn the property into upscale senior housing.
So our question to you is: Do you think metro Atlanta's housing and residential real estate markets are rebounding? Do you feel confident about your property's value, or are more queasy economic times just around the corner?
- House Hunt: New Listings In Buckhead Featuring Outdoor Spaces.
- Two Fairburn Road Commercial/Residential Properties Being Sold By Fulton County.
- East Atlanta Resident Starts Online Letter Campaign Against Glenwood Place.
- Midtown Alliance Capital Improvements Update.
- House Hunt: $500K And Up.
- Residential And Commercial Investors See Opportunities In Sandy Springs, Metro Atlanta.
- New Owner Plans Affordable Senior Housing.
- House Hunt: Great Deals In Tucker.
- Recent Home Sales In Virginia Highland-Druid Hills.