More than 100 people attended a joint meeting between the Atlanta Board of Education and the City Council Monday morning to learn about the system's first attempt at redrawing school boundaries.
The meeting was the first step in the process that will ultimately redraw the city's school attendance lines.
The system plans to have its new attendance lines in place by March or April, in time to develop at 2012 budget.
See More on Patch
- School's Out For Summer But Work Remains For APS BOE
- More than a Dozen East Atlanta Area Educators Indicted in APS Test Cheating Scandal
- School Calendar Tops Atlanta School Board Agenda on Monday
- Grady HS Shooting: Many Questions Remain Unanswered
- APS Calls Thursday Grady Meeting to Talk School Safety