Meet the Principals of Atlanta Public Schools' District 1
Parents also will get a chance to meet and greet with APS' senior leadership team.
Atlanta Public Schools' District 1 representative Brenda J. Muhammad and Karen Waldon, deputy superintendent for curriculum and instruction, are hosting a meet and greet with parents to welcome new and returning principals from these schools:
- Centennial Place
- D.H. Stanton
- Thomasville Heights
- Wesley International Academy
- Intown Academy Charter
- KIPP Vision Charter
- Atlanta Neighborhood Charter
- The Schools at Carver
- Maynard H. Jackson High School
The theme of the event, scheduled for Sept. 13 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Select, 450 Capitol Ave., is "Getting to the core of it. . .The Common Core Curriculum."
The Common Core Standards are a series of guidelines adopted by a number of states that outline what students need to have in their K-12 schooling to be fully prepared in college.
In addition to Muhammad and Waldon, these APS officials also will be on hand to meet parents and answer questions:
- David White: East Regional K-12 Executive Director of Schools
- Danielle Battle: South Regional K-12 Executive Director of Schools
- Linda Anderson: Assistant Superintendent for Teaching & Learning
- Kenneth Proctor: Assistant Superintendent for Leadership & Development
- Andrea Fairries-Moore: Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services
- John O’Connor: Assistant Superintendent for Student Services