Win tickets to this weekend's Taste of Atlanta (Contest Closed)
Midtown mainstay offers bites of fun and food for every appetite and Patch is giving away a pair of tickets to Sunday's culinary feast.
Note: The contest deadline has passed and we have a winner. Congratulations to Ali Degan for winning the pair of comp tickets thanks to all for participating! We'll be having more contests like this so stay tuned.
Returning for its 11th year, Taste of Atlanta gears up for a landmark weekend in Tech Square on Oct. 5-7 as eager epicureans can get gourmet at one of the city’s most anticipated culinary events.
With a distinct recipe for success, Taste of Atlanta offers an array of diversions for the culinary curious. From fan favorites to new experiences and more, the festival brings the annual action to back to Midtown for a tasty trek.
On Friday, Oct. 5, The Big Grill: Grills Gone Wild fires up the weekend. Attendees can enjoy all-inclusive access to the city’s best grilled grub, chilled cocktails, beer and wine. Yacht Rock Schooner will perform while attendees sample bites from some of Atlanta’s most renowned chefs including Ford Fry, Kevin Rathbun, Jay Swift and more. Tickets for the Friday night fete are all-inclusive and can be purchased here.
On Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 6-7, more than 80 of Atlanta’s favorite restaurants and most exciting chefs serve up their specialties at this year's festival. From international cuisine to under-the-radar eats, Taste of Atlanta spotlights the incredible energy and diversity of Atlanta's shining food scene.
General admission tickets, which include 10 taste coupons, are $25 in advance; $35 at the gate. Kids ages 13 and under receive FREE admission (excluding taste coupons) when accompanied by a paid adult.
VIP tickets (includes 15 taste coupons and access to Wine+Beer+Cocktail Experience) are $75 in advance; $85 at the gate. A limited number of VIP tickets are available, and the first 300 ticket holders each day receive a festival gift bag.
Taste coupons are used to purchase food from participating restaurants. Menu items are valued at one, two or three taste coupons. Additional taste coupons are sold in increments of 10 coupons for $10 or 20 coupons for $20.
Tickets are sold at locations throughout Atlanta, including select Whole Foods Market outlets. Advance tickets must be purchased by midnight on Oct. 5. See here to purchase and for more ticket information.
And here’s great news, food lovers! Patch is giving away two general admission tickets for Sunday, Oct. 7. Entering this contest is easy. All you have to do is post an answer below to the question, “What is your favorite Taste of Atlanta participating restaurant?”
There’s no need to write a lot. Just tell us which one and we’ll conduct a random drawing from among the comments entered by 3 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 4.
We've attached the legal rules in case you're the sort who likes to read all the fine print. And please be aware that the winner must be willing to be named in a follow-up on Midtown Patch.
More festival highlights include:
- Barcraft Competition – It’s back! Guests can channel their inner mixologist and sample cocktails from Atlanta’s best bartenders as they compete for the top spot. Open to VIP ticket holders only.
- Family Food Zone – Step right up for demos and cooking lessons from national and local chefs in an interactive environment. Returning to the lineup this year, the Top Chef Kids Competition offers hands-on experience for chefs in training.
- Inside the Food Studio – Experience the fascinating world of the professional chef to discover secrets of the craft. Returning for its third year, this intimate experience is hosted by Tom Sullivan. Patrons can enjoy beverages and bites while learning valuable cooking skills and insight into the Atlanta restaurant scene. Whether highlighting the most unique condiments or Atlanta’s top spots for midnight munchies, this behind-the-scenes look offers unrivaled insight into the professional kitchen.
- Grill Dome –Kamado Grills are bringing the heat to this year’s festival. With demonstrations throughout the day, local grill-masters can watch as chefs cook up their specialties on these amazing ceramic grills.
- The Kitchen Workshop – Hosted by Mara Davis, The Kitchen Workshop is a hands-on cooking experience offering patrons a unique and enriching opportunity to learn how to create delicious dishes in their own kitchen. A wide range of classes and instructors provide the ideal interaction for patrons to enjoy themselves and learn interesting twists on basic cooking concepts and techniques. Open to VIP ticket holders only.
- Home Plate Main Stage – This year, get ready for a throw down. Renowned chefs battle it out and go head-to-head on the main stage. These culinary craftsmen tackle secret ingredients, themed challenges, unique recipes and more.
- Barnes & Noble Bookstore – Stroll through this tent to pick up the latest copies of today’s most popular cookbooks and other food-related titles. Check out the cookbook signing schedule to meet notable chefs like Adam Roberts, Kathleen Flinn and more.
Taste of Atlanta founder Dale DeSena takes great pride in the fact that the festival has so much to offer for everyone’s distinct appetite.
“Most people hear ‘Taste of Atlanta’ and they think they’ll get lots of great food – and they’re right!” DeSena said in a release. “We love when people also discover how educational the festival is. With the addition of The Kitchen Workshop this year and the continued success of Inside the Food Studio, we’re one of the few festivals that really encourages the attendees to engage with the chefs, the food and the programming.
"We are so proud to serve the city in this capacity and to show the world the amazing restaurants and chefs that help define Atlanta. We can’t wait to transform Tech Square into foodie heaven once again this year!”