Invite a friend
Film: A Portrait of Diego -- The Revolutionary Gaze
Gabriel Figueroa began this documentary with master Mexican painter Diego Rivera in the late 1940s but it wasn’t until recently that the footage saw the light of day, thanks to Figueroa’s son and Rivera’s grandson. Working from the original footage’s intimate portrayal of Rivera, Gabriel Figueroa Flores and Diego Rivera Lopez have crafted a powerful new perspective that explores Rivera the man and the painter as well as the sociopolitical impact of his art in the last stages of the Mexican Revolution.
This film will include a discussion and Q&A with Gabriel Figueroa Flores, son of the cinematographer.
Tickets are available through the Woodruff Arts Center Box Office. This film is presented in conjunction with the exhibition Frida & Diego on view Feb. 14 to May 11 at the High Museum of Art
|Where||High Museum of Art 1280 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||8:00 pm–10:00 pm|
More About High Museum of Art
The High Museum of Art has more than 12,000 works of art in its 312,000 square feet of space, including an extensive anthology of 19th and 20th century American art. The museum also offers European and African-American art as well as modern and contemporary pieces. The High Musuem also has a curatorial department devoted to folk art. The museum holds an annual film series and several special events throughout the year, including jazz nights on Fridays. The museum was founded in 1905 as the Atlanta Art Association. The museum's first permanent home came in 1926, when Mrs. Joseph M. High donated her residence on Peachtree Road.
Other events here
- Gogo: Nature Transformed Daily,
- Modern Atlanta - MA - Design is Human Week June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Rashid Johnson: Message to Our Folks at the High Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Dutch Paintings from the Mauritshuis Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Go West! Art of the American Frontier Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- The Art of the Louvre's Tuileries Garden Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm