Invite a friend
Film: Los Olvidados -- The Forgotten Ones
A treasure of the international cinema canon and winner of eleven of Mexico’s top film prizes—including Best Cinematography for Gabriel Figueroa and Best Director for Luis Buñuel—Los olvidados is a master work of both social realism and social surrealism. Figueroa’s aptitude for capturing shadow and visually unearthing Mexico City’s dark underbelly makes possible Buñuel’s unflinching look at this group of street urchins, their dreams, and their sins.
Tickets are available through the Woodruff Arts Center Box Office. This film is presented in conjunction with the High museum exhibition "Frida & Diego" on view Feb. 14 to May 11, 2013.
|Where||High Museum of Art 1280 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||8:00 pm–10:00 pm|
More About High Museum of Art
The High Museum of Art has more than 12,000 works of art in its 312,000 square feet of space, including an extensive anthology of 19th and 20th century American art. The museum also offers European and African-American art as well as modern and contemporary pieces. The High Musuem also has a curatorial department devoted to folk art. The museum holds an annual film series and several special events throughout the year, including jazz nights on Fridays. The museum was founded in 1905 as the Atlanta Art Association. The museum's first permanent home came in 1926, when Mrs. Joseph M. High donated her residence on Peachtree Road.
Other events here
- Katharina Grosse at the High Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- The Latino List: Photographs by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Gogo: Nature Transformed Daily,
- Modern Atlanta - MA - Design is Human Week June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Rashid Johnson: Message to Our Folks at the High Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Dutch Paintings from the Mauritshuis Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Go West! Art of the American Frontier Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- The Art of the Louvre's Tuileries Garden Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm