Invite a friend
Film: Maria Candelaria
In a careful choreography of light and darkness, Gabriel Figueroa captures both the beauty of the Mexican landscape and the depth of human expression to heighten every moment of this classic romantic tragedy from renowned director Emilio Fernández. Winner of Best Cinematography and the Grand Prize at the 1946 Cannes Film Festival, María Candelaria stands as one of the most beloved films in all of Mexican film history and is certainly one of the most aesthetically astounding.
Tickets are available through the Woodruff Arts Center Box Office. This film is presented in conjunction with the Frida & Diego exhibition at the High Museum of Art Feb. 14 to May 11, 2013.
|Where||High Museum of Art 1280 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||8:00 pm–10:00 pm|
More About High Museum of Art
The High Museum of Art has more than 12,000 works of art in its 312,000 square feet of space, including an extensive anthology of 19th and 20th century American art. The museum also offers European and African-American art as well as modern and contemporary pieces. The High Musuem also has a curatorial department devoted to folk art. The museum holds an annual film series and several special events throughout the year, including jazz nights on Fridays. The museum was founded in 1905 as the Atlanta Art Association. The museum's first permanent home came in 1926, when Mrs. Joseph M. High donated her residence on Peachtree Road.
Other events here
- Gogo: Nature Transformed Daily,
- Modern Atlanta - MA - Design is Human Week June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Rashid Johnson: Message to Our Folks at the High Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Dutch Paintings from the Mauritshuis Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Go West! Art of the American Frontier Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- The Art of the Louvre's Tuileries Garden Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm