Invite a friend
Fulton County Free Saturday at the High
Admission is free for Fulton County residents with I.D. on the first Saturday of each month. Students attending college or university in Fulton Country will also be admitted free with a valid college ID. Fulton Free Saturdays are sponsored by the Fulton County Arts Council. Major funding for this organization is provided by the Fulton County Commissioners under the guidance of the Fulton County Arts Council. Admission includes special exhibitions and permanent collection.
More About High Museum of Art
The High Museum of Art has more than 12,000 works of art in its 312,000 square feet of space, including an extensive anthology of 19th and 20th century American art. The museum also offers European and African-American art as well as modern and contemporary pieces. The High Musuem also has a curatorial department devoted to folk art. The museum holds an annual film series and several special events throughout the year, including jazz nights on Fridays. The museum was founded in 1905 as the Atlanta Art Association. The museum's first permanent home came in 1926, when Mrs. Joseph M. High donated her residence on Peachtree Road.
Other events here
- Gogo: Nature Transformed Daily,
- The Latino List: Photographs by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Katharina Grosse at the High Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Modern Atlanta - MA - Design is Human Week June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Rashid Johnson: Message to Our Folks at the High Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Dutch Paintings from the Mauritshuis Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Go West! Art of the American Frontier Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- The Art of the Louvre's Tuileries Garden Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm