Invite a friend
High Museum Film Series: MoMA American Indies (2 for 1)
The High Museum of Art presents American indies from the collections of MoMA.
From The High:
Since the founding of its Department of Film in 1935, The Museum of Modern Art has collected examples of American independent cinema. The films included in this series, all of American origin, underscore the diversity of subject matter, artists, and production means inherent in the field of independent cinema.
This evening's event closes the November screenings with the CULTURE SHOCK Thanksgiving Marathon. Enjoy two films for the for the price of one. Buy a ticket to Ganja and Hess (7:00pm) and also see Eraserhead (9:30pm).
|Where||High Museum of Art 1280 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309 (Rich Theatre)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–11:00 pm|
|Phone||Woodruff Arts Center Box Office: 404-733-5000|
|$7.00 General Admission; $6.00 for High Museum members, students with ID, and seniors; and free for Patron-level members.|
More About High Museum of Art
The High Museum of Art has more than 12,000 works of art in its 312,000 square feet of space, including an extensive anthology of 19th and 20th century American art. The museum also offers European and African-American art as well as modern and contemporary pieces. The High Musuem also has a curatorial department devoted to folk art. The museum holds an annual film series and several special events throughout the year, including jazz nights on Fridays. The museum was founded in 1905 as the Atlanta Art Association. The museum's first permanent home came in 1926, when Mrs. Joseph M. High donated her residence on Peachtree Road.
Other events here
- Gogo: Nature Transformed Daily,
- Modern Atlanta - MA - Design is Human Week June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Rashid Johnson: Message to Our Folks at the High Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Dutch Paintings from the Mauritshuis Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Go West! Art of the American Frontier Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- The Art of the Louvre's Tuileries Garden Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm