Invite a friend
Hot Glass Roadshow
The High Museum of Art will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Studio Glass Movement with the Hot Glass Roadshow of the Corning Museum of Glass; a free live glassmaking show set to take place on the Sifly Piazza from Sept. 12 to Sept. 16.
The Hot Glass Roadshow features glassblowing demonstrations from master gaffers while a Corning Museum of Glass expert explains glassmaking techniques and answers questions. Audience members are also invited to submit a design for an object they would like to see made in glass during daily “You Design It; We Make It!” sessions.
In addition to the master glassblowers from the Corning Museum, there will be guest appearances by artists Richard Jolley, Johanna Grawunder and Gyun Hur.
For the complete schedule, visit: http://www.high.org/Programs/Programs/Events/2012-Events/Special-Event/HotGlass.aspx
|Where||High Museum of Art 1280 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||Everyone, Families|
More About High Museum of Art
The High Museum of Art has more than 12,000 works of art in its 312,000 square feet of space, including an extensive anthology of 19th and 20th century American art. The museum also offers European and African-American art as well as modern and contemporary pieces. The High Musuem also has a curatorial department devoted to folk art. The museum holds an annual film series and several special events throughout the year, including jazz nights on Fridays. The museum was founded in 1905 as the Atlanta Art Association. The museum's first permanent home came in 1926, when Mrs. Joseph M. High donated her residence on Peachtree Road.
Other events here
- Gogo: Nature Transformed Daily,
- Modern Atlanta - MA - Design is Human Week June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Rashid Johnson: Message to Our Folks at the High Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Dutch Paintings from the Mauritshuis Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Go West! Art of the American Frontier Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- The Art of the Louvre's Tuileries Garden Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm