Invite a friend
MODA's Drink in Design
MODA is open late on the last Thursday of every month for its hip and happening Drink in Design event. Join MODA between 6pm and 8pm.
If you are looking to learn a new skill? Do you have questions about a particular hobby? Love talking to people who spend their time doing fascinating things? Then, this is the event for you!
During Tricks of the Trade, MODA will create a non-traditional learning environment. MODA's galleries will be filled with local artists, designers, and craftspeople eager to share the tricks of their trades as they answer questions about their areas of expertise.
Your evening will include a wide variety of learning opportunities, not least of which are the following:
- Are you tired of drinking boring beers? Maybe you should start brewing your own. A representative from Hop City will be here to help you get started.
- Do you have more flowers in your garden than you know what to do with? Elaine Jo will demonstrate Ikebana, the Japanese art of flower arrangement.
- Do you envy all of those fabulous folks wearing super cute scarves and beanies? That could be you. The Atlanta Knitting Guild can answer all of your knitting questions.
- If you are looking for a unique gift for a friend or loved one, how about making some jewelry. Khatia Esartia, Atlanta based jewelry designer, will demonstrate how to create your own fashion jewelry.
- Could you benefit from basic sketching skills to get idea across to your colleagues or win that game of Pictionary? Mindy Spritz of the Spruill Center for the Arts will teach patrons the basics of sketching a still life.
- And many more!
So, come to the galleries for a glass of wine and the opportunity to meet local creatives and to be inspired by their work.
Just purchase a regular admission ticket and you’ll be treated to a drink!
|Where||1315 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309 (Museum of Design Atlanta)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:00 pm–8:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Everyone, Seniors|
|Price||$10 for adults. $8 for seniors and the military. $5 college students.|