Invite a friend
Modern Masters of Film: From Edison to Scorsese
Modern Masters of Film: From Edison to Scorsese provides an opportunity to view historically important and entertaining films from the collection of The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), New York.
The MoMA film series presents 11 of the finest examples of the moving image from one of the world's most important film repositories. Each screening features a rare 35 mm print, which has been preserved, and sometimes restored, through MoMA's extensive conservation efforts.
Films are shown at 2pm and 8pm. $5 matinee for film only. Evening: $7 Adults. $6 High Museum members, students with ID, and seniors. Patron-level Museum members, free. Museum admission includes film.
February 4: A MoMa Treasury of Short Films
February 11: Never Fear (The Young Lovers)
February 18: Sweet Sweetback's BaadassssSong
February 25: Abraham Lincoln
March 3: It Should Happen to You
March 10: Bonjour Tristesse
March 17: Follow the Fleet
|Where||High Museum of Art 1280 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309|
|Next on||This event is over.|
More About High Museum of Art
The High Museum of Art has more than 12,000 works of art in its 312,000 square feet of space, including an extensive anthology of 19th and 20th century American art. The museum also offers European and African-American art as well as modern and contemporary pieces. The High Musuem also has a curatorial department devoted to folk art. The museum holds an annual film series and several special events throughout the year, including jazz nights on Fridays. The museum was founded in 1905 as the Atlanta Art Association. The museum's first permanent home came in 1926, when Mrs. Joseph M. High donated her residence on Peachtree Road.
Other events here
- Gogo: Nature Transformed Daily,
- Modern Atlanta - MA - Design is Human Week June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Rashid Johnson: Message to Our Folks at the High Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Dutch Paintings from the Mauritshuis Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Go West! Art of the American Frontier Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- The Art of the Louvre's Tuileries Garden Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm