Invite a friend
Saturday Seminar: Rising Up: Hale Woodruff’s Murals from Talladega College
Come and llearn about the life and work of Hale Woodruff, with perspectives from art historians and the conservator who worked to restore the Talladega murals. This seminar will explore tje history, development, and impact of this nationally renowned mural cycle painted for the Alabama college between 1939 and 1942.
Featured speakers include: Renée Ater, Assistant Professor of Art History and Director of Undergraduate Studies in the Department of Art History and Archaeology, University of Maryland Tina Dunkley, Director, Clark Atlanta University Art Galleries, Stephanie Meyer Heydt, the High’s Margaret and Terry Stent Curator of American Art, and Larry Shutts, Associate Conservator of Paintings, Atlanta Art Conservation Center.
This program is free and seating is limited. Tickets are available through the Woodruff Arts Center Box Office at 404-733-5000. Please note: tickets are limited to two per person. Tickets to the Museum are sold separately
More About High Museum of Art
The High Museum of Art has more than 12,000 works of art in its 312,000 square feet of space, including an extensive anthology of 19th and 20th century American art. The museum also offers European and African-American art as well as modern and contemporary pieces. The High Musuem also has a curatorial department devoted to folk art. The museum holds an annual film series and several special events throughout the year, including jazz nights on Fridays. The museum was founded in 1905 as the Atlanta Art Association. The museum's first permanent home came in 1926, when Mrs. Joseph M. High donated her residence on Peachtree Road.
Other events here
- Gogo: Nature Transformed Daily,
- Modern Atlanta - MA - Design is Human Week June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Rashid Johnson: Message to Our Folks at the High Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Dutch Paintings from the Mauritshuis Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Go West! Art of the American Frontier Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- The Art of the Louvre's Tuileries Garden Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm