Six large national retailers have stepped up to support The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Light The Night Walk by asking their customers to donate funds to help cure blood cancers.
• Jason’s Deli is collecting donations at all of their restaurants nationwide through August 30th.
• PVH Corp, who owns brands Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW and Bass, will be accepting donations at their outlet store locations through September 8th.
• Enterprise Rent-A-Car will be selling Light The Night paper balloon icons at all of their branches in Atlanta, Savannah and Augusta through September 28th.
• Global Franchise Group, which owns Great American Cookies, Marble Slab Creamery, Maggie Moo’s Treatery and the Pretzelmaker are also supporting the effort, taking donations through September 30th.
• Burlington Coat Factory, the largest retail partner for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society nationally, will also be selling the Light The Night paper balloon icons at all of their stores through October 19th.
• Quizno’s Restaurants will support the Light The Night Walk by accepting donations at all of their stores nationwide starting September 23rd through October 13th.
Each year, in communities all across the United States and Canada, teams of families, friends, co-workers and local and national corporations come together to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS's) Light The Night® Walk events and bring help and hope to people battling blood cancers. Millions of consumers also help by donating at retail outlets. Light The Night Walk events are evenings filled with inspiration. During this leisurely walk, participants carry illuminated balloons - white for survivors, red for supporters and gold in memory of loved ones lost to cancer - thousands of walkers - men, women and children - form a community of caring, bringing light to the dark world of cancer.
“We are grateful to the companies and employees who are lending their support to this year’s Walk,” said Maureen Davidson, Deputy Executive Director of the Georgia Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. “Their participation goes a long way toward bringing attention to the critical need to fund lifesaving cancer research and support services for patients and their families.”
This year, Walks will be held in Augusta (CSRA) and North Metro Atlanta on September 28th, Athens on October 4th, Downtown Atlanta on October 12th and Savannah on October 18th. Funds raised will be used to fund lifesaving blood cancer research, free educational materials and events for patients and families, local family and patient support programs comprehensive, personalized assistance through LLS’s Information Resource Center and financial aid for patients and their families.
Last year, more than $50 million was raised through Light The Night Walks in approximately 185 communities in North America. To form a team or to learn more, please call the Georgia Chapter at (404) 720-7841or visit www.lightthenight.org.