As the weather has gotten warmer, Midtown has become a hotspot for movie and television productions.
Here is a roundup of recent celeb sightings and production news around Midtown:
- Necessary Roughness, a new series from USA, was seen filming around Midtown last week.
- Billy Bob Thornton and his daughter Bella visited the Atlanta Botanical Gardens on Sunday, according to AJC Buzz.
- The Three Stooges, the Farrelly brothers' new comedy, has filmed at Piedmont Park, and behind the .
- Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman were recently back in Atlanta to shoot final scenes for "The Change-Up." Scenes were shot in Midtown at places such as and restaurant. The Georgian Terrace on June 20 tweeted "We've been chasing the celebs away with a broom! They just can't stay away! :o)"
- Cameron Diaz will come to Atlanta this summer to film “What To Expect When You’re Expecting" (Read more on AJC Buzz)
- Richard Blais of "Top Chef" fame is in Midtown.
- Tara Reid, who is in town shooting "American Reunion," has been spotted at the and . The restaurant tweeted June 22: "Tara Reid cannot get enough of Shout!"
- Justin Bieber stayed at the in Midtown this month. On June 17, Brooke Ellett said in a Twitter message "He is at the Four Seasons on 14th! Spotted again today walking outside in red pants!"
- Tom Hanks was in Atlanta last week. On June 22, he stopped at radio station B98.5 in Midtown, as well as at FOX 5 Atlanta.
- Drop Dead Diva, a Lifetime Television series, and Escorpion Tequila Bar and Cantina at the beginning of June.
- Whoopi Goldberg gave earlier this month. Evander Holyfield also was at the ceremony for his daughter's graduation.