After a successful first year, in Midtown will once again host ice skating at .
-- housed in a heated tent at the restaurant overlooking Piedmont Park and the Midtown skyline -- will return Thanksgiving Day through Valentine's Day, according to a spokeswoman with Park Tavern.
Last year, more than 28,000 skaters hit the ice. The Rink, 85 feet long and 40 feet wide, can accommodate 200 people and is created with harvested rainwater.
This year, more skating sessions have been added, including a late-night skate for ages 21-and-over from 10:30 p.m. to midnight.
Expect winter cocktails and menu items, special events and an appearance from Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Here are the details:
- When: The Rink will be open Nov. 24, 2011 through Feb. 14, 2012. There are four sessions Monday through Friday from 4:30 p.m. to midnight. Saturday and Sunday, The Rink will be open for eight sessions beginning at 10:30 a.m. until midnight.
- Where: , at the corner of Tenth Street and Monroe Drive in Midtown.
- Ages: Ages 15-and-under must be accompanied by an adult. Late-night skating begins at 10:30 p.m. and is only open to ages 21 and up.
- Cost: $15 to skate, which includes rental for ice skates.
- Extras: The Rink is also available for private skating lessons, parties and even marriage proposals.
- Info: Call 404-249-0001 or visit Park Tavern's website.