Westside Provisions continues to be one of my favorite destinations in West Midtown. Why? Because of special events like this:
Southern farmstead-inspired JCT. Kitchen & Bar is offering a special wine dinner for guests on Monday, September 23. Chef E.J. Hodgkinson has created a five-course menu that includes the following:
· Olive oil poached tomatoes, Bavarian sweet corn, shaved celery, radish and Chioggia beets with basil oil
· 2003 Schloss Schӧnborn Pfaffenberg Riesling Kabinett, Rheingau
· Poached royal red shrimp, tomato water, salted summer squash, chive oil and crispy tomato skins
· 2012 Rousseau Frères Touraine Noble Joué Rose, Loire Valley
· Grilled mackerel with compressed watermelon, Castelvetrano olives, arugula puree and sweet lemon wine
· NV Ulysse Collin Champagne
· Squab with charred okra, chanterelles, brown butter, apple cider emulsion, squab and foie gras sausage and grit tuile
· 2010 Aberrant Cellars Confero Pinot Noir
· Preserved summer berries, lavender semifreddo and ginger snaps
· Pitaud Pineau des Charentes
Wines and Menu are subject to change. The wine dinner begins at 6 p.m. and is $95 per person, which includes tax and gratuity. Seating is communal and limited to 24 guests. To reserve a spot, call 404-355-2252 and provide credit card information.
JCT. Kitchen & Bar is located in the Westside Urban Market at 1198 Howell Mill Road. The restaurant serves dinner Monday to Thursday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. and on Sunday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Lunch is served Monday to Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. For more information, visit jctkitchen.com or call 404-355-2252.