On Saturday, the Atlantic Station facebook page posted the following statement and question?
We're considering a ban on smoking at Atlantic Station but we want your opinion first: Yes OR No?
Within the first 14 hours, more than 270 people ‘liked’ the post and more than 225 people had left a comment. Not surprisingly, the answers varied:
- Sure! Emory just launched their smoke-free campaign. Even though those who smoke may feel discriminated against, technically you're helping them kick a very expensive, bad-for-their health and others habit.
- Yes... please bannnnn smoking on the property... It hard walking behind someone and a wind of smoke hits you in the face , i dont wanna smell like SMOKE newports or cigars.
- Yes please! I'm an employee in Atlantic Station and I don't think banning smoking would hurt business at all! Let the smokers smoke in their cars to keep their hazardous habit contained.
But others were not on board with a ban:
- Ugh. Please. Whatever happened to personal freedom?
- NO! And I'm a NON-SMOKER. The anti-smoking movement is more about the need to control others than it is about health.
- Eliminate alcohol too...no more bars, and sweet tea, in fact eliminate everything containing sugar, and caffeine too...and how about telling us what to wear, and think...give me a break.
What do you think? Do you think Atlantic Station should ban smoking?