Do you live for social networking? Want to know the next cool thing in technology? Need to improve your company's marketing efforts?
Digital Atlanta 2011 may be for you.
The five-day social media and interactive conference kicks off Monday, Nov. 7, and runs through Friday, Nov. 11. Nearly 2,000 people are expected to attend the second annual event (last year called Social Media Atlanta), according to a release.
"As one of the most wired cities in the U.S., Atlanta is ahead of the digital media curve -- especially when it comes to using social platforms like Facebook and Twitter,” Bert DuMars, Digital Atlanta founder and Vice President of e-Business & Interactive Marketing for Newell Rubbermaid, said in a release.
"The new name ‘Digital Atlanta’ better reflects our goal to create conversations, spark innovation and leverage digital media to connect in meaningful ways."
Many of the events will be held in Midtown and are free to the public. Reservations are required.
Here are some of the offerings:
- The SMB Social Media Makeover Forum - On Tuesday, Nov. 8, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Hodges Room, third floor of the Centergy Building, 75 5th Street.
- Technology Showcase - On Tuesday, Nov. 8, from 10 a.m. to noon at 22squared in the , 1170 Peachtree Street, 14th and 15th floor.
- Social Media and Crisis Management - On Tuesday, Nov. 8, from 3 to 4 p.m. at .
- Bridging the Gap: Hip-Hop and the Digital Divide - On Tuesday, Nov. 8, from 3 to 4 p.m. at Georgia Institute of Technology, Klaus Advanced Computing Building, 266 Ferst Drive.
- The Social Coupon Conundrum- On Wednesday, Nov. 9, from 10 a.m. to noon at .
- Should I Add Google+ to my Social Media Diet? - On Wednesday, Nov. 9, from 3 to 4 p.m. at .
- The State of Solar in Georgia: The Technology is Here! - On Thursday, Nov. 10 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at the Southface Training Center, 241 Pine Street.