ATLANTA (February 13, 2013) – Atlanta’s favorite neighborhood restaurant, Marlow’s Tavern, is bringing NOLA to ATL with its annual “Bayou ‘n Bourbon” menu full of cuisine from the Deep South. Starting on Tuesday, February 12 through Monday, March 25, all Atlanta-area tavern locations are featuring the menu full of jazzed up dishes and classic cocktails that will take diners taste buds on a trip to the Big Easy.
“The flavors of New Orleans are distinct and irresistible, much like the chef-driven food and hand-crafted cocktails found on our everyday menu,” says John C. Metz, executive chef and co-founder of Marlow’s Tavern. “We want our guests to experience Louisiana cooking with a Marlow’s twist,” he adds.
The “Bayou ‘n Bourbon” menu includes the following dishes which are offered daily for lunch and dinner through the next six weeks:
- Roast Chicken and shrimp gumbo - a Louisiana tradition with a Marlow's twist (6.5)
- Fiery crawfish fondue – a rich, creamy blend of crawfish, Gruyere cheese, fresh herbs and spices served with ciabatta crostini (9)
- Honey Jack chicken and Andouille flatbread – blackened Prestige Farms chicken, spicy andouille sausage, caramelized red onion and pepper jack cheese with sweet and spicy Honey Jack on crisp flatbread (9.5)
- “Nawlins-style” po’boy - tempura battered shrimp and crawfish, sweet slaw, shredded lettuce, Roma tomato and smoked chili cream on a soft Cuban roll (12.5)
- Bayou burger - fresh ground beef all “jazzed up” with andouille sausage, cheddar cheese, crawdaddies, lettuce, Roma tomato, red onion and house-made Creole remoulade on a toasted onion roll (12)
- Deconstructed jambalaya - grilled Prestige Farms chicken, andouille sausage, house-made dirty rice and traditional crawfish Creole sauce (14)
- Sweet Bourbon St. rib-eye - blackened Jack Daniels honey-blazed rib-eye served with tiny asparagus and a crispy sweet potato cake (26)
A Bourbon Street meal is not complete without a sweet treat. Marlow’s offers honey bourbon bread pudding, made with honey and vanilla crème brûlée, soaked ciabatta and a splash of Jack Daniel’s Honey (7) to round out the Louisiana inspired meal.
Guests will need to hold on to their beads while enjoying Marlow’s spirited take on classic New Orleans-style cocktails and drinks:
- “Pat’s” Marlow’s Hurricane – a New Orleans tradition borrowed from Pat O’Brien’s with Bacardi light rum, fresh orange juice and a floater of Bacardi 151 (8)
- Ramos Gin Fizz – Van Gogh dry gin, house-made sour, light cream and orange flower water, shaken 50 times until frothy and served icy (8.5)
- Cajun Cosmo – Absolut Mango and Pepper, cranberry, triple sec and fresh lime (9)
- Abita Restoration – the Louisiana “home brew” with intense hops partners perfectly for spicy Cajun dishes (5.5)
About Marlow’s Tavern
Marlow’s Tavern was established in November of 2004 with the opening of its first location in Alpharetta, Georgia and has continued to grow over the years, adding several Atlanta-area restaurants and a location in Orlando, Florida. In 2013, Nation’s Restaurant News named Marlow’s Tavern one of its NRN 50 “Breakout Brands” for the year. The neighborhood restaurant concept is open for lunch and dinner daily, offering guests classic American tavern fare with an upscale twist. Marlow’s Tavern at Emory Point is located at 1627 Clifton Road; 404-343-3283. Marlow’s Tavern in Dunwoody is located at 1317 Dunwoody Village Parkway; 770-559-7528. Marlow’s Tavern in Cumming is located at 410 Peachtree Parkway; 770-886-3666. Marlow’s Tavern in East Cobb is located at 1311 Johnson Ferry Road, Suite 208; 770-977-7747. Marlow’s Tavern in Duluth is located at 1950 Satellite Boulevard; 770-622-2033. Marlow's Tavern in Vinings is located at 2355 Cumberland Parkway, Ste.10; 770-432-2526. Marlow's Tavern in Alpharetta is located at 3719 Old Alabama Road, Bldg. 200, Suite H-I; 770-475-1800. Marlow’s Tavern in Midtown is located at 950 West Peachtree Street; 404-815-0323. Marlow’s Tavern in Kennesaw is located at 745 Chastain Road NW, Suite 1160; 770-425-8777. Marlow’s Tavern in Tucker is located at 4156 LaVista Road; 678-987-1197. Marlow’s Tavern in Orlando is located at 9101 International Drive in Pointe Orlando; 407-351-3627. For more information, visit www.marlowstavern.com.