The Powerball lottery has soared to new heights once again, hitting $257 million with no winners in recent weeks. The next drawing is tonight (Wednesday). Will there be a lucky winner from Georgia?
You can purchase a Powerball ticket for $2 at
your local grocery store or gas station. The estimated cash value of the $257
million Powerball is $151 million.
Here's more info from the Georgia Lottery about the game:
- Choose your own numbers on a playslip. Select five different numbers from 1 through 59; then select one Powerball number from 1 through 35.
- Or you can play Easy Pick and let the computer choose your numbers.
- You can also use a combination of these play methods - pick some of your favorite numbers, and let the computer fill in the rest.
- Powerball draws are held Wednesday and Saturday at 11:00 p.m.
- All prizes, except the jackpot, are fixed dollar amounts. The jackpot total is dependent on the amount of money in the draw's total prize pool.
Not sure where to purchase a ticket? You can find a place to play here. A portion of lottery ticket sales help fund Georgia public schools. To date, more than $8 billion in lottery proceeds has been given to more than 1.6 million HOPE Scholarship recipients.