The 2013 Georgia Legislative Session convenes Monday, potentially making decisions over the next several weeks that impact all Georgia Tech students.
On Wednesday, Jan. 30, the Student Government Association (SGA), in partnership with the Office of Government and Community Relations, will host its annual Georgia Tech Day at the Capitol and is inviting all students to join. At this event, students will learn more about what happens under the gold dome and can thank state leaders for their commitment to higher education.
Students who attend will have the opportunity to:
- Interact with representatives
- Take a tour of the Capitol, receiving a special Resolution
- Share opinions on legislative topics
- Be part of the political process
- Enjoy a special SympVibes concert
Those interested can sign up online to attend; space is limited. Students are asked to dress business casual and transportation will be provided from the Student Center Transit Hub, leaving at 7:30 a.m. Students will return to campus in time for Noon classes.
- Office of Government and Community Relations
- Sign Up for GT Day at the Capitol
- GT Day at the Capitol on Facebook
- Student Government Association
- The Georgia Institute of Technology contributed to this story