Christmas music has been playing for weeks (months at Walmart), but I just started playing it yesterday at my house. My playlist has 30 songs and I have several Christmas CDs too, so choosing the best ones out of all of those songs is difficult.
I like a lot of different kinds of music. I enjoy hymns such as "Silent Night" and "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear." I like pop music like the Beach Boy's "Little St. Nick" and quirky music such as Elmo and Patsy's "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer," Ray Stevens' "Santa Claus Is Watching You" and Cheech and Chong's "Santa Claus and His Old Lady." I enjoy country Christmas songs (Buck Owens' "Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy" and "Christmas in Dixie" by Alabama) and I even get a kick out of intergalactic Christmas music ("What Can You Get a Wookiee for Christmas When He Already Owns a Comb?" by The Star Wars Intergalactic Droid Choir & Chorale).
However, if I have to choose my favorites, my current top 10 would probably be:
- "White Christmas" - Bing Crosby
- "Blue Christmas" - Elvis
- "O Holy Night" - multiple artists
- "Santa Bring My Baby Back to Me" - Elvis
- "All I Want for Christmas Is You" - Mariah Carey
- "Baby It's Cold Outside" - Dean Martin
- "Pretty Paper" - Willie Nelson
- "Please Come Home for Christmas" - The Eagles
- "Silent Night" - Bing Crosby
- "Winter Wonderland" - Nat King Cole