Henry W. Grady High School
Drag box to select area
100% Were impressed
Named for the former editor of The Atlanta Constitution, Henry W. Grady High School is a part of Atlanta Public Schools. Atlanta architect Philip Shutze designed the building, which was constructed in 1924. The school was for boys only until it merged with two other schools in 1947. Grady was one of the first high schools in Georgia to allow African-American students in the early 1960s. The school is home to Atlanta Public Schools' Communication Magnet, a Health Science academy, a Fine Arts academy and a Travel and Tourism academy. There are four small learning communities at Grady: Biomedical Science and Engineering, Business and Entrepreneurship, Communication and Journalism and Public Policy and Justice. Grady High School is a member of the Georgia High School Association.
929 Charles Allen Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
- Fax: 404-802-3090
- Accessibility Details: Elevator access and ramps
- Accessible: yes