Named for the former editor of The Atlanta Constitution, Henry W. Grady High School is a part of Atlanta Public Schools. Atlanta architect Philip Shutze designed the building, which was constructed in 1924. The school was for boys only until it merged with two other schools in 1947. Grady was one of the first high schools in Georgia to allow African-American students in the early 1960s. The school is home to Atlanta Public Schools' Communication Magnet, a Health Science academy, a Fine Arts academy and a Travel and Tourism academy. There are four small learning communities at Grady: Biomedical Science and Engineering, Business and Entrepreneurship, Communication and Journalism and Public Policy and Justice. Grady High School is a member of the Georgia High School Association.
- Fax: 404-802-3090
- Handicap Accessible: Elevator access and ramps
- Founding Date: 1947
- Number of students: 1471
- Male-to-female ratio: 705/766
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Graduation rate (%): 91
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and by the Georgia Accrediting Commission
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 18% (17.7) However, it varies in some core classes.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 83