La Fonda Latina
Like other links in the Fellini's-La Fonda chain, the West Midtown La Fonda showcases expertise in property re-purposing. The Slice pizzeria that previously occupied this corner lot has been selectively "scraped away" to leave what resembles display window openings that lack glass and now blur the line between indoor and outdoor space here. Even the fully enclosed interior dining room has track windows that can roll ceiling-ward and allow fresh air indoors. The Prussian blue building's northern wall and part of its western wall border the semi-enclosed patio, where the restaurant has half its tables. The interior southern wall is home to several works of art that incorporate images of Mexican painter Frida Kahlo. Overall, the space is a triumphant mix of airiness and earthiness, given the sturdy wooden tables and chairs, plus the scarred industrial floor with its high-gloss finish.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 11pm; Fri, Sat, 11am - midnight; Sun, noon - 11pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp is accessible from parking lot.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Soups; salads; paellas; grilled beef, pork and chicken dishes; Cuban-style sandwiches; quesadillas; tacos; burritos; enchiladas; churros and flan
- Food & dining options: Sugar-free, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in
- Menu link: www.fellinisatlanta.com/la_fonda_menu.html
- Specialties: Almost a dozen types of quesadillas.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: Latin American
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Mexican dishes
- Price level: $$
- Number of tables: 41
- Features: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor seating, View
- Atmosphere: Fun, Late-night
- Dress code: Casual