Six Feet Under Pub & Fish House
A unique charm surrounds this seafood restaurant, whose roots are in Atlanta's Grant Park neighborhood. Brick, raw wood and corrugated metal give it the look of a Gulf Coast oyster palace from some long-gone era. A rugged sign outside that "advertises" one-cent hamburgers furthers the sense of entering the past. Actual burgers--as well as the seafoods the restaurant specializes in, including assorted fish tacos, grits-and-shellfish combos, and seared tuna--cost a bit more.
Inside are polished wood tables and booths, enough mermaid iconography to make Poseidon grin, and glass cases of collectible beer cans. The building's most outstanding architectural asset, perhaps best viewed from the rooftop dining area, is its soon to be self-sustaining "green roof," a shrubbery cover for the patio seats out front.
Should the excellent view of downtown skyscrapers ever grow dull, enjoy checking out the flower boxes halfway between the ground and the upstairs of this attractive eatery.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 1am; Fri - Sat, 11am - 2am; Sun, 11am - midnight
- Handicap Accessible: First-floor dining room is level with parking lot and surrounding sidewalks.
- Founding Date: 2001
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Low calorie, Sugar-free, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Seafood, draft beers, burgers
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free, Valet
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: "We came at the forefront of West Midtown [development], when not a lot was going on here. [Now] our patio provides a panoramic view of the city."
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Burgers, Cajun/Creole, Dessert / Ice Cream, Mexican, Sandwiches, Seafood, Southern, Southwestern, Vegetarian/Vegan
- Signature dishes: Baked whitefish
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Georgia fried catfish platter
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Executive chef: Nancy Mitchell
- Features: Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Outdoor seating, View
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night, Quiet, Romantic, Singles scene
- Dress code: Casual