West Egg Cafe is a Westside hot spot for brunch with specials such as Red Velvet Pancakes. It serves a variety of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but is most well-known for its weekend brunch menu and all-day breakfast menu. The interior is simple and industrial. It has a comfy, spacious waiting area with couches and plenty of things to keep customers occupied while they're waiting. There's a photo booth, a collection of books and a separate bakery area complete with a barista to whip up a cappuccino for anyone waiting for a table. It has old-fashioned specialty cocktails, house-made sangria and a full-service coffee bar.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7am - 10pm; Sat, Sun, 8am - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ground level, no stairs
- Founding Date: 2004
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Brunch, coffee drinks, milk shakes, sangria, old-fashioned cocktails. Wednesday, from 5 to 9, is $10 Burger and Pint Night.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Dessert / Ice Cream, Sandwiches, Southern
- Signature dishes: Specialty cupcakes from on-site bakery
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Peachtree Plate: Eggs, brown-sugar bacon, pimento cheese grits, fried green tomatoes, biscuits.
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Executive chef: Patric Bell
- Features: Breakfast, Dinner, Group-friendly, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Dress code: Casual