Want to do something worthwhile with your free time? Did you make a New Year's resolution to give back to your community? Here are opportunities for you to make a difference in Midtown:
- Fifth Annual Kate's Club Bowl-a-Thon: This annual fundraiser allows teams of friends and colleagues compete for a top prize while raising money for Kate’s Club programs. All funds raised go to support Kate's Club, an organization offering support for kids who've lost a sibling or parent, programming for the first quarter of the year. Top individual and team fundraisers will also get a prize. The event begins at 6:30 p.m. at Midtown Bowl on Thursday.
- Adopt A Senior: Adopt a Senior this Valentine's Day! E CUBED,a Christian service organization, is hosting a Valentine’s party and giving 600 gift bags to seniors at Northeast Atlanta Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1500 S. Johnson Ferry Road in Atlanta and three other nursing homes in Metro Atlanta. Volunteers are needed to assemble and hand out the gift bags to seniors on Feb. 17. If you can't volunteer, you can still donate $20 per gift bag or desserts, snacks and drinks. The proceeds from this event will support E CUBED International. To donate or sign up to volunteer, visit www.ecubedintl.org/events.
- The United Way of Greater Atlanta is in need of a quality control specialist to help measure the effectiveness of agencies listed in United Way's 2-1-1 database and to collect information on unmet needs in the community. Hours are flexible with a three to six month commitment preferred and a weekly commitment of five to 10 hours. Get details here.
- Volunteer with the 2013 NCAA Men's Final Four: The Atlanta Local Organizing Committee (ALOC) is seeking more than 2,000 volunteers to help with the 2013 NCAA® Men’s Final Four® Tournament. Volunteers will help in various ways like greeting guests at Atlanta hotels or assisting with youth and community events that are expected to draw thousands of locals and visitors from April 5 – 8. Potential volunteers will find all of the opportunities listed here with descriptions, photos from previous Final Four tournaments and videos. Early registration is recommended as selection of volunteer opportunities is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Ahisma House is looking for animal lovers to provide temporary safe homes for the pets of domestic violence victims. These pet foster parents will be provided with food, medication and veterinary care. Sign up here and show love to a pet in need. Ahisma is also looking for volunteers to answer their 24-hour crisis hotline for domestic violence victims concerned about their pets' safety. Be the person on the other end of the line by starting here.
Get your volunteer opportunity included in Midtown Patch's "Volunteers Needed" weekly feature! Upload your volunteer opportunity to the Midtown Patch announcements and events!